Clinical Services Committee Administrator
Administrative,Library Services and Information Management,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication
Short info about job
Company: British Association of Dermatologists
Salary: £19,000 to £23,000
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1206 9952484
Fax: +44-1423 1616882
Detail information about job Clinical Services Committee Administrator. Terms and conditions vacancy
The British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) is the professional organisation for Consultant, Trainee, Staff, and Associate Specialist dermatologists in the UK and Eire.
The BAD's Clinical Services Unit (CSU) provides advice and support to our Dermatology members, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Hospital Trust management on all areas of NHS service provision. This includes redesigning local dermatology services and undertaking service reviews for hospital departments.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join the CSU team and work closely with our Head of Clinical Services. This is a varied role to support the smooth running of the unit and requires a confident, proactive individual to keep abreast of multiple work-streams
Applicants will provide administrative and secretarial support to the unit’s management team, by: prioritising workloads, managing diaries and calendars, arranging appointments, word processing, booking travel and accommodation, and handling expense claims.
Applicants will also be required to administer and co-ordinate all activities (preparation of agendas and minutes; circulation of papers; correspondences; publications; liaison between BAD officers) for the committees listed below:
- Clinical Services Sub-Committee;
- Skin Cancer Sub-Committee;
- Working Party Groups and External Meetings.
The Clinical Services Committee Administrator will also be required to:
- Receive and deal with incoming telephone calls, logging all queries and taking necessary action, where required;
- Maintain up to date filing systems - both electronic and paper-based;
- Record all activity information on a daily basis on relevant databases;
- Update the Clinical Service section of the BAD website;
- Check "Contracts Finder" for dermatology service Tenders to log notices and contact our relevant hospital departments;
- To provide copies of all correspondence, reports and other relevant items for the clinical services Vice President and the clinical services manager, as and when required.
Applicants must be educated to Degree or NVQ Level 3 in Business and Administration; or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
When applying, please provide your CV and covering letter, for the attention of Ms Tania von Hospenthal at [email protected], clearly addressing how your skills and experience clearly match those within the job description. Only applications with attached covering letters will be considered.
Please note, advertising for this position may close early, if a suitable candidate is recruited.