Expression of Interest, Early Career Researchers Fellowship
Health and Medical,Medicine and Dentistry,Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology,Biological Sciences,Biology,Botany,Genetics,Molecular Biology and Biophysics,Biochemistry
Short info about job
Company: University of Cambridge
Department: Department of Biochemistry
Salary: Not specified
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1340 7359161
Fax: +44-1204 7239135
Detail information about job Expression of Interest, Early Career Researchers Fellowship. Terms and conditions vacancy
Potential Research Fellows
The Department of Biochemistry in Cambridge is seeking to host early career researchers who have the ambition to start an independent research group with an external fellowship.
The Department has more than 40 research groups (bioc.cam.ac.uk/research) with interests that fall broadly into the following areas:
- Chemical biology and drug design
- Disease biology
- DNA and chromatin biology
- Molecular microbiology
- Plant biochemistry and bioenergy
- RNA biology
- Signalling and trafficking
- Systems biology
We offer a dynamic environment where research benefits from state of the art facilities for structural biology, bioinformatics, biophysics, Cryo-EM, protein analysis, biological mass spectrometry and DNA sequencing with complementary facilities housed in neighbouring departments and institutes within the School of Biological Sciences.
If you are interested in obtaining the Department's support for your application, you should first discuss your research ideas with a relevant departmental group leader. You can view a list of all departmental group leaders and their research on the Department's website: www.bioc.cam.ac.uk/people/uto
To make an application, please email [email protected] by 15th September 2017 with the following:
- A CV including a list of publications (highlighting the three publications that you consider to be most significant)
- Two references sent directly to [email protected]
- A two page outline of your intended research programme
- A statement of why you would like to work in the Department
- A brief outline of the facilities you would need during a Fellowship
Applications from women and ethnic minorities are particularly welcome.
Informal enquiries can also be sent to: [email protected]
Shortlisted applicants will be informed by 1st October 2017 and invited to visit the department and give a seminar on either 10th or 17th October 2017. There will be further opportunities to apply in 2018 if this timetable does not suit your personal circumstances.
Successful candidates will be offered support for the preparation of their Fellowship application. If you are interested in other schemes please contact [email protected]
Typical fellowship schemes:
- Wellcome Trust Sir Henry Dale Fellowship
- Medical Research Council Career Development Award
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council David Phillips Fellowships Cancer
- Research UK Career Development Fellowship
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship
For individuals returning to research after a career break:
- Wellcome Trust Career Re-entry Fellowship
- Daphne Jackson Fellowship
Please quote reference PH12837 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.