Short info about job
Salary: Up to £70,000 plus pension
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1237 5485443
Fax: +44-1280 4137145
Detail information about job Executive Director. Terms and conditions vacancy
Royal Astronomical Society: www.ras.org.uk
The Royal Astronomical Society was established in 1820 and is incorporated by Royal Charter. With almost 4,000 Fellows it is the leading UK body representing the interests of astronomers, and geophysicists. The Society promotes and disseminates the study of astronomy, and geophysics. It organises scientific meetings, publishes world leading research journals, and awards grants and prizes. It also regularly contributes to the formulation of the UK government’s science policy and provides the media with expert commentary.
- Varied and challenging role providing direction, leadership and motivation to the Society, its resources and dedicated professional staff;
- Delivers the strategy decided by the Council Board of Trustees helping to shape and develop the Society’s future. Engages with the Society’s wider membership. Ensures the Society fulfils its charitable objectives and maintains proper governance.
- Supervises and leads the Society’s administration, finance and all events. Leads on modernising the Society, embedding new working practices and a culture that is open, transparent and forward thinking.
- Acts as an ambassador for the Society across a variety of forums including interactions with government.
- Open and dynamic self-starter with proven management record at a senior level in either public or private sector. Experience of working with a Board and an ability to develop positive and robust professional relationships.
- Knowledge of corporate governance together with the ability to assimilate the requirements specific to charitable organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of thinking strategically, as well as undertaking detailed business planning and implementation. Knowledge of leading organisation development.
- Personality to interact effectively with people at all levels and a commitment to diversity and equality. Interest in and respect for science, and experience in policy formulation an advantage.
Please email your CV with full salary details, quoting reference J/L088, to [email protected]
For further information please contact Phil de Glanville or Stephen Neel.
Hanover Fox International, 180 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HF. Tel: +44 0 20 7917 9456Show all jobs for The Royal Astronomical Society … Tweet