Partnerships and Placements Officer
Administrative,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication,Student Services
Short info about job
Company: Oxford Brookes University
Department: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Salary: £26,495 to £28,936
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Clerical
Phone: +44-1503 5151458
Fax: +44-1360 4998474
Detail information about job Partnerships and Placements Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
The Partnerships and Placements Office in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is recruiting a Partnerships and Placements Officer to work from both the Harcourt Hill and Gispy Lane campuses. You will need to be a skilled communicator and have extensive customer facing experience as well as an understanding of the role of placements in student employability. As you might deputise for the Partnerships & Placements Manager, we will be looking at your ability to supervise the team, take appropriate decisions on their behalf and communicate effectively with academic colleagues. Your top class administrative skills will have given you the ability to work autonomously and with a keen eye for detail. Previous experience in Higher Education and team supervision would be advantageous.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing supervisory support in the absence of the Partnerships and Placements Manager.
- Assisting in the planning and maintenance of accurate records on complex spreadsheets.
- Assisting the team to meet its many targets against strict deadlines.
- Assisting in the researching and planning of employability opportunities across the faculty.
You should have:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- The ability to prioritise workloads to ensure team deadlines are consistently met.
- Substantial and first class administrative and customer-facing skills.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of MS Excel.
- An understanding of the complexity of student placements.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to maintain high level communications.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th October 2017 at our Harcourt Hill campus.
Please note: candidates will be required to undertake two skills tests before the formal interview.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.