UTRCI Research Scientist, Embedded Systems
Computer Science,Computer Science,Software Engineering,Information Systems,Engineering and Technology,Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Short info about job
Salary: Competitive compensation and benefits package
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1250 1862152
Fax: +44-1477 6376159
Detail information about job UTRCI Research Scientist, Embedded Systems. Terms and conditions vacancy
Job Description Summary:
United Technologies Research Center UTRC is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation UTC , a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. UTRCI , established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC’s commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC’s large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ www.utrc.utc.com
UTRCI seeks candidates with a research background in Real Time and Embedded Systems for applications across aerospace, smart buildings, and distributed energy systems to join their Networks & Embedded Systems group in Cork, Ireland. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in heterogeneous-multicore systems, mixed criticality and, real-time operating systems. The ideal candidate would have experience with different hardware platforms and processors such as ARM or Freescale as well as with real-time operating systems such as RT-Linux, pikeOS or VxWorks. In addition, knowledge in model-based design techniques would be highly regarded, particularly those related to automatic code generation and network modelling.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to an established research agenda related to UTC’s aerospace and building & industrial systems technologies.
- Coordinate and execute R&D activities within international Embedded Systems research projects.
- Provide competitive advantage for UTC business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master’s degree with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in several of the following areas:
- Architecture evaluation and system design for mixed-criticality multicore and heterogeneous hardware platforms CPU, FPGA, GPU
- Scheduling and design analysis for task-level isolation, timing isolation, and hardware virtualization using both RTOS and hypervisor-based approaches
- Performance modeling of real-time deterministic networks and interconnects
- Knowledge of approaches for validation & certification of safety-critical systems, particularly in the domain of commercial aerospace.
- Technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences, and successful proposals for external funding/contracts/grants.
- Innovative strategic and technical thinking applied to real-world problems.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. At UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
UTRCI will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
This position is based at UTRC’s European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: http://www.utrc.utc.com/ by selecting the “Job Postings International ” option in the drop-down menu under “Careers”.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
% Travel Required: < 10%Show all jobs for United Technologies Research Centre Ireland … Tweet