Business and Management Studies,Business Studies,Other Business and Management Studies
Short info about job
Company: Deakin University
Department: Department of Business and Management Studies
Salary: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-117 5257476
Fax: +44-1458 9580322
Detail information about job MBA Director. Terms and conditions vacancy
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Appointment is to a continuing Professor / Associate Professor position. The MBA Directorship will apply for a three (3) year term and re-appointment will be by mutual agreement.
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLEAs MBA Director, you will provide academic leadership relating to the oversight and continuing innovative development of the Master of Business Administration suite of programs.
You will be a passionate educator with strong evidence of excellent teaching design and delivery. You will also engage in research of the highest quality, evidenced by an exemplary research record in journal publications, the generation of research income and supervision of higher degree candidates.
As MBA Director, you will be expected to:
- Provide academic leadership, oversight and continued innovation regarding the Master of Business Administration (MBA) suite of programs.
- Review and enhance the MBA program to ensure global competitiveness.
- Forge strong relationships with relevant professional groups, government and non-government organisations, overseas institutions, other academics, industry, alumni and the wider community.
- Provide whole-of-course oversight and coordination associated with the MBA, including course structure, unit composition, academic standards, assessment standards and related matters.
- PhD in a relevant discipline in the Deakin Business School.
- Extensive experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Demonstrate leadership skills including the ability to contribute to the leadership and management of the Faculty.
- Ability to work effectively within university systems, committee and board structures and decision making as part of a management team in a multi-campus organisation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 170413_MBA_Director.pdf
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:Richard ShieldsDirectorCharterhouse Partnershiptelphone +61 3 8610 [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 10 September 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
TO APPLYAll applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume. To apply please click Apply button.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.