IT Service Introduction Specialist
Short info about job
Company: University of Birmingham
Department: IT Services
Salary: £26,052 to £28,452 With potential progression once in post to £32,004 a year.
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Technical
Phone: +44-1253 9871734
Fax: +44-1332 2417236
Detail information about job IT Service Introduction Specialist. Terms and conditions vacancy
Grade 6 - Full time starting salary is normally in the range £26,052 to £28,452. With potential progression once in post to £32,004 a year.
This is an important role within IT Services working closely with the Service Transition Lead and Service Desk Manager to ensure the delivery of an exceptional IT support service across the University.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure a smooth and controlled transition of projects into IT Support Service Operations. The post-holder will:
- Take a lead with respect to the operational Early Life Support of newly developed and/or upgraded Services, acting as a primary contact for initial IT support staff training, incident resolution and incident escalation.
- Ensure documentation and communication in all forms is in place for new and upgraded services, including KB articles, CMDB entries, Status Page updates and IT Services staff and user guidelines.
- Identifying opportunities for improving service support and taking a proactive role in removing identified issues prior to service release.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A demonstrable understanding of ITIL Service Delivery processes and procedure.
- A broad background in IT, covering IT support and/or systems development/administration.
- Knowledge of Higher Education in general and its environment.
- Knowledge of Service-Now or other ITIL based Service management tools.
- A strong customer service orientation, understanding user requirements and being able to translate those requirements into IT deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal demonstrating the ability to
- Express ideas coherently through a variety of media to individuals and groups.
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to tailor documentation and responses to specific technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to effectively plan, prioritise and schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands.
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team towards quality service goals and deadlines.
- Minimum of five GCSEs (grade C or above) essential, including Maths and English
- ITIL qualifications such as ITIL v3 Foundation or higher would be advantageous.
- A computing related certification e.g. MCP/MCSE or other industry recognised IT qualifications would be advantageous.
- Significant experience (or equivalent) in a large scale, complex computing environment, including day-to-day involvement in support of wide ranging services, either 1st or second line support.
- Experience of training others in own area of expertise, and writing/maintaining training material.
- An understanding of project management methodologies (such as PRINCE or APM)
Informal enquiries should be directed to Ian Bowman at [email protected]
To download the details and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below; please quote Job Reference in all enquiries. Alternatively information can be obtained from 0121 415 9000 or visit www.birmingham.ac.uk/jobs
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment