Cyber Security Technologist
Short info about job
Company: University of Nottingham
Department: IT Operations
Salary: £22,494 to £26,829
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Technical
Phone: +44-1200 2864105
Fax: +44-1542 3792175
Detail information about job Cyber Security Technologist. Terms and conditions vacancy
Location: Kings Meadow Campus
Salary: £22,494 to £26,829 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Are you a passionate IT specialist seeking a position as a Cyber Security Technologist where you will be committed to upholding security principles and UK legislation in a large, global organisation?
The University of Nottingham is one of the top 75 Universities worldwide, having 43,000 students and 5,000 staff with a global reach and campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. The Information Services (IS) department is at the heart of delivering change to this global and increasingly digital community, delivering new modes of educational services as well as transforming back office services.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
As part of this transforming organisation, IS are seeking to invest in a passionate and driven Cyber Security Technologist who will assume responsibility for monitoring all computer systems connected to the University network in order to identify known vulnerabilities, potential weaknesses, unusual and unauthorised or illegal activity.
The role holder will provide support for the University’s centrally managed anti-virus solution, assist with the installation and testing of security updates for Endpoint Operating Systems, and administer the Email filtering service.
This role will also champion and promote security solutions and secure computing practices across the University. This will involve project participation where Security and Endpoint management is a consideration and the role holders will be expected to work closely with the IT Service Management team to ensure consistent reporting and feedback of security incidents and problems.
- Educated to HNC level or with equivalent relevant experience
- Experience supporting central patching solutions
- Knowledge of legal requirements and best practice in the area of Information Security and the ability to apply them in practice
- Experience administering a range of desktop and server operating systems
- Good understanding of Anti-Virus solutions, and the mechanisms prevent and respond to outbreaks
- Familiarity of networking terminology and services
- Familiarity with managing Email filtering solutions
- Awareness of vulnerability scanning techniques
Communication and team-working
- At ease contributing to project teams and working in environments where adoption of ITIL and Prince2 are best practice
- Ability to work in a team, to deadlines and under pressure and also to work effectively with minimal support
This is a full time, permanent post.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Aidrian Shelton,email [email protected] Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted. Previous applicants need not apply.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.