Sessional Tutor: Physics
Physical and Environmental Sciences,Physics and Astronomy
Short info about job
Company: Study Group
Salary: Hourly Rate
Hours: Full Time, Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1259 8027679
Fax: +44-1291 5633483
Detail information about job Sessional Tutor: Physics. Terms and conditions vacancy
Subject Areas Required - Physics
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
This is a fantastic experience for an experienced teacher, full of enthusiasm, to have a unique and extremely rewarding teaching experience. You will be teaching international students from all over the world, providing a transformational learning experience that gives the students the best opportunity to progress into a UK University.
Our Leeds Study Centre offers a fantastic opportunity to the right candidate to join the team and play an integral part to the success of the centre. If you have experience working in a FE or HE environment then that would be an advantage.
- Teaching modules on the International Foundation Year and/or International Year.
- The vast majority of teaching would be at Level 3 therefore experience of these subjects at A level would be highly desirable.
- Reporting to the Head of Department, you will work alongside other members if the ISC to support students’ academic and pastoral development.
- A willingness to contribute to our enrichment programme would be essential.
- Keep abreast with changes to syllabus for each of the courses taught.
- Help students establish serious work habits by setting a professional example.
- Set demanding expectations for students’ learning, motivation and presentation of work.
- Teach at an appropriate level, ensuring the course is delivered in time and students are thoroughly prepared for assessments.
- Give students regular feedback on formative and summative assessments to inform their further learning.
- Keep accurate registers.
- Contribute to progression monitoring reports.
- Take part in module development and annual quality assurance activities.
- Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work.
- Effective delivery of courses.
- Marking student work and returning within agreed deadlines.
- Marking exams and/or coursework and accurately recording.
- Provide reports and references when requested.
- Using educational technology in teaching, including extensive use of the VLE.
- Ensure a punctual start and finish of classes.
- Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance.
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching.
- Attend staff meetings, and events.
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for matters relating to health & safety.
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (e.g. cover, invigilation etc.).
- Tutor duties.
- Other related activities as may be reasonably requested by the Head of Department.
- Teaching experience in the subject at level 3 is preferred as is experience of working with international students.
- Expert teaching knowledge in the subject.
- The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines.
- At least Degree qualified in Physics.
- Teaching qualification.
- Masters degree required for teaching on the International Year 1 programme.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate