Computer Science,Computer Science,Software Engineering,Engineering and Technology,Mechanical Engineering
Short info about job
Company: Brunel University London
Department: Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
Salary: £28,453 to £38,183
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1492 4777374
Fax: +44-1305 6318481
Detail information about job Research Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
Vacancy Ref: FAB0034-1
Salary (R1. 26-36): £30,619 to £40,349 pa incl. London Weighting
Applications are invited for a Research Assistant role. We are seeking a candidate who specialises in one of the following areas:
- Machine Tools and Machines Simulation and Modelling,
- Applied Control Engineering,
- Applied Mathematics and Stochastic Modelling,
- Systems Engineering,
- Robotics, Automation, Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems,
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics.
This EU funded project is concentrated on the design and development of real-time predictive fault detection and maintenance planning of machines, equipment and tools in a typical production line. The purpose is to bring sudden (unplanned) breakdowns of machines and production lines (network of machines) to Zero. This highly applied research project requires highly skilled individuals with capabilities to think innovatively and produce solutions that will be applied and tested in multiple manufacturing sites throughout the EU.
Your educational background should be at PhD or Masters level in related areas such as: Machine Tools, Control Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Machine Learning-Data Analytics, Computing, Mechatronics, Electronics, or Automation and Manufacturing Systems. Other relevant areas will also be considered.
This position requires strong engineering, mathematical and analytical skills supported by evidence of your previous activities and responsibilities.
The key skills required:
- Proficiency in Software programming (C, C++, C#, .NET or Java)
- Proficiency in Electro Mechanical and Machine Tools, Simulation Modelling Tools (CAD, CAM,CAE) and interfaces to real-time control systems
- Knowledge of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems, sensor and actuation networks and PLCs
- Mathematical Modelling capabilities such Discrete Mathematics, Control Systems, Systems Modelling and Simulation, Operational Research, and/or Stochastic Modelling
Experience in related industries is highly desirable and advantageous, but not essential for the post. This position is fixed-term for 42 months.
Closing date for applications: 17th September 2017
For further details and to apply please visit https://careers.brunel.ac.uk
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND REPRESENTING THE DIVERSITY OF THE COMMUNITY WE SERVE