Programme Leader- Aerospace
Engineering and Technology,Aerospace Engineering
Short info about job
Company: Blackpool and The Fylde College
Salary: £30,902 to £34,785 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1543 4347259
Fax: +44-1476 4704040
Detail information about job Programme Leader- Aerospace. Terms and conditions vacancy
Teaching Commitment: To undertake up to 836 hours of teaching annually
Summary of Responsibilities:
To have responsibility for a programme(s)/curriculum, including recruitment, curriculum content and quality indicators. To lead the development and delivery of a curriculum area, as subject leader/programme tutor, within a School. The Lecturer 2 provides a coordinating focus within a team of subject specialists.
Principal Duties of this Post
- To be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning within the curriculum area.
- To be proactive in the development of the curriculum area.
- To be fully conversant with programme(s)/course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To support and stimulate professional updating within the defined curriculum area.
- To be responsible for the completion of the course review process and Quality Improvement Plan.
- To assist with the continuing development of learning resources to support the curriculum.
- Actively inform the curriculum content to meet a range of needs.
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day operational coordination of the course and its delivery.
- To assist the Curriculum Leader in monitoring and using the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, for example, e-Tracker, Moodle, HE Tracker, internal verification etc (This list is not exhaustive)
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets for the area, including arranging interviews and open days, and specific curriculum events.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on a range of quality indicators related to the learner experience. These will include (but not limited to): attendance, retention, success, value added, student survey outcomes.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on the progress of action plans to ensure improvements effectively implemented.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities. Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.