Assistant Director of Apprenticeships & Technical Education
Short info about job
Company: Prospects College of Advanced Technology
Salary: £49,000 to £55,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-141 5222869
Fax: +44-1262 2209045
Detail information about job Assistant Director of Apprenticeships & Technical Education. Terms and conditions vacancy
PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce. We’re passionate about creating improved learning opportunities for the people of South Essex. Across each of our sites we work in partnership with universities, employers and other organisations to ensure we provide the very best learning and training opportunities for our students.
We wish to continue and grow, providing and creating more opportunities for young men and women alike, using the STEM strategy to teach; and working closely and developing relationships with companies to create the best possible careers for their futures.
Due to a period of growth we have an opportunity for an Assistant Director of Apprenticeships &Technical Education to lead in the development, implementation and raising of standards across the Apprenticeship provision for the PROCAT group.
To lead in the promotion, planning and delivery of high quality advanced levels of provision. Lead in the engagement of employers that improves communication and enables them to understand the apprentices starting points, progress and achievement.
The post holder will be accountable for securing good and outstanding provision with a focus on high levels of attendance, retention, achievement and success.
This role will work closely with the Assistant Director of Employability Skills to plan and timetable provision and to ensure the apprenticeship programme meets the required standards, transitions effectively from frameworks to standards and provides progression pathways.
This role will promote and implement an integrated programme that targets personal development, behaviour and welfare of all students across the PROCAT group.
The Assistant Director will be accountable for the development and implementation of a co-delivery model with levy and non-levy employers that supports the integration of learning and work.
This post holder will have overall responsibility for apprenticeship recruitment to target and contract and setting and implementing quality frameworks and systems alongside the Assistant Director of Employability Skills to ensure consistently high performance is achieved across the PROCAT group.
This role will be accountable for the provision of Apprenticeship management and key account support that improves communication and brings together planning, work, learning and progress.
- Lead and motivate a team to encourage high performance, celebrate success, provide relevant support and improve staff retention
- Effective planning, promotion and delivery of high quality Apprenticeship and Higher Level provision that motivates and engages apprentices to achieve and progress beyond their expectations
- Lead on the development and implementation of apprenticeship standards that demonstrates apprentices knowledge, skills and behaviours across the provision
- Lead the recruitment and retention strategy for meeting the apprenticeship target and non-levy contract.
- Lead a team of sector specific staff across the apprenticeship and higher level provision in the development and delivery of flexible programmes alongside employers to support co-delivery
- Set and implement standards to raise apprentice and staff performance in teaching, learning and assessment programmes
- Lead on the implementation of the apprenticeship programme to ensure PROCAT is well placed to respond to the levy and non-levy employers effectively, including ensuring effective and timely communication and account management functions
- Monitor the quality of provision and implement actions that improve performance
- Lead on business planning and budget setting and management for the directorate to ensure the timely preparation of the annual curriculum and college business plans
- Ensure the effective administration of directorate operations to ensure effective delivery of programmes and service to students and employers
- Lead the recruitment, development and retention of a highly professional and qualified team
- Plan, prepare and deliver staff training across the college for new academic staff that focusses on effective planning and individualised learning
- Lead on the implementation of outstanding safeguarding practice to ensure staff and apprentices feel safe and are safe
- Promote British Values and the PREVENT agenda to ensure apprentices and staff are confident in the articulation of their understanding of the impact of these agendas in the life and work
- To be the college representative with regulatory bodies
- To champion PROCAT’s staff values, acting as a role model across the college
- To deputise for the Acting Principal as and when required
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Improve apprentice attendance, retention, punctuality, achievement rates and timely success as measured against college targets and national success rates
- Achieve high levels of satisfaction from employers and apprentices - substantially above sector averages
- Improve outcomes from external inspections including Ofsted, awarding bodies etc.
- Improve communication with employers to ensure they are aware of apprentice starting points, progress and achievement
How outputs will be achieved:
- Effective planning of learning at the start of programmes to ensure apprentices understand their starting points and what they need to do to progress
- Delivery of teaching, learning and assessment that is of the standards and expectations of employers and apprentices
- Management of learning including innovative programme design, planning of delivery, monitoring student progress and outcomes
- Development and implementation of digital learning and assessment tools to enhance the student experience, develop resources and promote the sharing of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment
- Quality monitoring of provision including effective assessment, Internal Verification procedures and implementation of Awarding Body requirements
- Utilisation of management information to inform planning, set, monitor and achieve targets and to improve organisational performance across apprenticeship and higher level provision
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective recruitment and management of staff, working across the college including target setting and performance management
- Preparation of the area’s Self-Assessment Report, development and implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure PROCAT provide a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment