PhD: Leadership In Industry - Engineering Education and Professional Development
Engineering and Technology,Civil Engineering,Production Engineering and Manufacturing,Other Engineering,Business and Management Studies,Business Studies,Education Studies (inc. TEFL),Education Studies
Short info about job
Company: London South Bank University
Department: The Nathu Puri Institute (NPI)
Hours: Full Time
Type / Role: PhD
Phone: +44-191 9488311
Fax: +44-1344 1748168
Detail information about job PhD: Leadership In Industry - Engineering Education and Professional Development. Terms and conditions vacancy
The Nathu Puri Institute (NPI) was established with the aim of becoming an internationally recognised thought leader for fostering innovation and enterprise in engineering businesses and to prepare tomorrow’s leaders of the engineering industry. The Institute invites applications for a full-time three-year PhD studentship at London South Bank University to begin in October 2017.
The focus of the doctoral programme will centre around the attributes of leadership in engineering industry and the role of undergraduate and continuing education in developing these. The study will also focus on the factors that limit the career progression towards higher level leadership roles in industry.
The scholarship provides tuition fees at the UK/EU rate and research costs. For exceptional candidates a studentship of £15,000 per annum for three years of full-time study, renewed annually subject to satisfactory progress. PhD scholars are required to support 3 hrs per week of teaching within the school. Non-EU candidates are welcome to apply, but they will be required to pay the difference between home and international tuition fees.
- Undergraduate honours degree in organisational psychology, engineering management or a field related to the subject of the project, with minimum 2:1 classification.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and experience in prioritising activities and tasks to accomplish goals within the set deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills for both specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- MSc/MRes (at Merit or Distinction level) in a relevant subject or in a field related to the subject of the research project.
- Research experience and evidence of research outputs are desirable.
How to Apply:
All candidates must apply by the following procedure:
- Register and create an account with UKPASS
- Select London South Bank University as the Institution
- Choose 'P052659-General Engineering' Full-Time-PhD - 3 years for attendance
- Complete the application form
- Attach a covering letter indicating your particular research interests in the field of the proposed doctorate (in the section requesting a research proposal)
- Identify the scholarship as “NPI scholarship – [email protected]” in the appropriate section
The closing date for applications is 11th September 2017 and interviews will be held in the last week of September. Successful candidate is expected to commence studies in October 2017.