Teaching Fellow in Social Work
Social Sciences and Social Care,Social Work
Short info about job
Company: University of Sussex
Department: Department of Social Work and Social Care
Salary: £39,992 and rising to £47,722 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1305 1843475
Fax: +44-1301 2398010
Detail information about job Teaching Fellow in Social Work. Terms and conditions vacancy
The University of Sussex is looking to recruit a full-time, fixed term (18 months) Teaching Fellow in Social Work to join the Department of Social Work and Social Care, within the School of Education and Social Work (ESW).
The Department of Social Work and Social Care is ranked in the Guardian League Table 2018 as the 5th best provider of under-graduate qualifying social work programmes. In addition to an under-graduate programme we deliver a post-graduate qualifying social work programme and from April 2018 will be delivering, in partnership with Brighton and Hove City Council and East Sussex County Council, Step Up to Social Work. This is a fast track post-graduate professional qualifying programme. The Department is a founder member of the newly established South Coast Regional Centre for Social Work Education which is responsible for the new teaching partnership delivery model for post-graduate qualifying programmes. Alongside the social work programmes the Department delivers an MA in Childhood and Youth Studies, an MRes in Wellbeing and a suite of Continuing Professional development (CPD) modules.
The successful applicant for the post will:
- contribute to teaching across the portfolio of social work qualifying programmes delivered in the Department
- undertake key service roles with the Department e.g. Step Up to Social Work Programme Lead, Admissions tutor.
Successful applicants will need to show a clear ability to:
- undertake initiatives and work independently within the context of the Department’s teaching partnership arrangements
- deliver high quality social work teaching to BA, MA and CPD social work students
- contribute to other programmes delivered within the Department
- undertake a range of teaching and service related tasks.
For further details or informal discussion about this position, contact the Head of Department of Education, Professor Gillian Ruch, [email protected] or the Head of School of Education & Social Work, Professor Gillian Hampden-Thompson, [email protected]
For full details and how to apply see our vacancies page.
The University of Sussex is committed to equality of opportunity.