Student Support Assistant
Short info about job
Company: University of Kent
Department: School of Psychology
Salary: £16,983 to £18,777 pro rata, per annum.
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Clerical
Phone: +44-1386 6670867
Fax: +44-1479 4632629
Detail information about job Student Support Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
Do you have a knowledge and understanding of student welfare? Are you interested in being part of a team which offers pastoral support, as well as advice and guidance to students throughout their studies?
The Student Support Assistant plays a key role in the support that the School of Psychology offers to its undergraduate and taught postgraduate students. The post holder will work in conjunction with the Student Support Manager and the Student Support Co-ordinator to offer a professional and wide-ranging pastoral support service to students. The post holder will work under the direction of the Student Support Manager and duties will include a range of clerical and administrative responsibilities including processing concessions applications and Inclusive Learning Plans (ILPs), monitoring attendance and making appointments for students who want to see one of the Student Support Team.
The role is 30 weeks term time only plus 6 weeks out of term time; 4 weeks annual leave are to be taken out of term time.
As Student Support Assistant you will:
- Monitor all enquiries via telephone or in person, to ensure student and other enquiries are dealt with appropriately and as swiftly as possible.
- Maintain files and data for the Student Support Team, in accordance with School and University guidelines and procedures and ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Assist the Student Support Manager and Student Support Co-ordinator with preparation for Concessions Boards and other School meetings.
- Be responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and progress and running reports throughout the autumn and spring terms in accordance with School procedures and the University’s Academic Diligence procedure.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grade C, or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an administrative or clerical role.
- The ability to build and maintain good working relationships with staff in many different departments.
- Willingness to undertake further training or professional development as required.
School of PsychologyHoused in Keynes College, the School of Psychology sits atop the hill overlooking Canterbury with a view of the cathedral. It is a leading centre of research and teaching with a commitment to scientific excellence, a concern for problems of contemporary relevance and a desire to have positive impact.
The School of Psychology at the University of Kent is consistently rated in the top 20 of UK course providers. Based upon factors such as entry standards, student satisfaction, research assessment and graduate prospects, Psychology at Kent ranked 12th in the 2017 Complete University Guide, 20th in the 2017 Guardian University Guide, and 9th in the 2016 Sunday Times/Times Good University Guide.
Further InformationInterviews are to be held: w/c 25 Sept 2017.
Please press the apply button below to go to the university's website where you can view the full job description and also apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: SS1276.
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
No agencies, thank you.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check – Please note, this post will require a DBS check.