Two-year Postdoctoral Researcher in the Field of Marine Hydrodynamics
Engineering and Technology,Mechanical Engineering,Maritime Technology,Other Engineering
Short info about job
Company: Aalto University
Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering
Salary: Not specified
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1436 3920989
Fax: +44-1285 3908630
Detail information about job Two-year Postdoctoral Researcher in the Field of Marine Hydrodynamics. Terms and conditions vacancy
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students and more than 400 professors. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
Aalto University Department of Mechanical Engineering, marine technology group is looking for highly motivated
Two-year Postdoctoral Researcher in the Field of Marine Hydrodynamics.
The Post Doc will develop CFD technology with applications to marine hydrodynamics coupled with model tests in open water and possibly in ice. Qualified and highly motivated candidates are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant should have
- PhD degree in a relevant area, e.g. naval architecture and ocean engineering, fluid mechanics, mechanical engineering or hydraulic engineering or another closely related discipline.
- Ability to work structured and independently.
- Good communication skills and high proficiency in English.
- Good collaborative and social abilities.
- Prior experience with waves, fluid-structure interaction, marine hydrodynamics or CFD
EmploymentThe position is at the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The expected duration is two years, but a contract is first made for one year, and the extension is subject to advance of research. The salary is according to the salary system of Aalto University.How to apply Applications must be submitted in English and made in the form of proposal including the following:
- A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages).
- Detailed CV, including personal contact information.
- Certified copy of diplomas (Ph D, Master’s and Bachelor degrees, including transcript of grades).
- At least one signed reference letter mentioning the applicant’s name. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: [email protected] mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. Please, note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
Applications must be submitted online using the link below not later than 15 October 2017. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated. This also applies to reference letters. The application process may include an interview before final decision is made. Further InformationFor additional information on contents of work, please contact Professor Zhi Zong or in recruitment process –related questions HR-coordinator Anna-Maija Harju E-mails: [email protected]