Career Resources Manager
Library Services and Information Management
Short info about job
Company: London Business School
Department: Student Services
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1546 5477752
Fax: +44-1398 2499084
Detail information about job Career Resources Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
Help us Transform the way the World does Business
We're looking for a motivated information manager to translate diverse career-related information into engaging and accessible sources of information and resources that informs decisions by London Business School Career Centre and its partners.
Design and Deliver a Service that will Empower our Staff and Students
As Career Resources Manager, you'll transform the existing wide range of data and information on careers, recruitment and employability into appealing and structured content that gives students the confidence to shape their careers. This is a new role and we're looking for someone hands-on, with a passion for career development, who will relish the freedom to design a service that enables colleagues and students to achieve their professional goals. Your ability to structure and share information will benefit the Career Centre's work and be drawn on by colleagues and students, in their engagement with recruiters. You'll be continuously learning and you'll get exposure working across a busy and varied team. In your role you'll:
- Create and maintain a central bank of research relating to career management, employability and the labour market
- Collate and disseminate research findings to relevant stakeholders and act as first point of contact for enquiries, including presenting to and providing drop in sessions to our students
- Manage third party information suppliers to ensure changing needs are met
- Understand student attitudes and deliver resources that drive engagement with careers
- Write insight-driven reports and to inform the School's programme planning
Share our Knowledge
The Career Centre has a wealth of employment sector and career management knowledge within its team. This role is pivotal in designing processes to collate, organise and share this efficiently to meet the business needs. Your output will be invaluable in guiding the employability and career outcomes for our students and in doing so, meet out challenging KPIs and achieve the department's vision.
Who We Are Looking For
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience in information management; insight development and market research skills preferable
- Comfortable structuring and designing content for across digital platforms, databases and computer systems. Designated as a Super User for our school platform, Canvas; social media experience desirable (note programming skills not essential)
- Excellent project management and organisation skills
- Driven and proactive with exceptional communication skills, written and oral, and able to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Comfortable using business information sources and analysing numerical data to build on own knowledge of the sector
- Solid understanding of the School's activities and the role of the Career Centre
Why London Business School?
Our vision is to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This can only be achieved through our people; with 93% of our staff saying they are proud to work here and being consistently ranked among the best in the world for our MBA, global Executive MBA and Masters in Finance programmes you will have an opportunity to be part of this journey.
Benefits We Offer
As an employee at London Business School you will enjoy a generous holiday entitlement, on site swimming pool, sauna and gym, automatic enrolment to the Universities Superannuation Scheme (a defined benefit workplace pension scheme) and season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.