Outreach Programmes Co-ordinator
Administrative,Hospitality, Retail, Conferences and Events,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication,Student Services
Short info about job
Company: University of Kent
Department: Partnership Development Office
Salary: £22,214 to £24,983
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Clerical
Phone: +44-1382 7228424
Fax: +44-1285 6392089
Detail information about job Outreach Programmes Co-ordinator. Terms and conditions vacancy
Working as part of the administration team in the Partnership Development Office, this role is to provide administrative support and coordination to accredited programmes run by the department.
Working in collaboration with other administrative staff within the PDO and under the direction of the PDO Administration Manager, the post-holder is expected to work with a high level of autonomy in carrying out a wide range of duties and responsibilities. The post-holder will be expected to engage with the HEAT database, the University’s Student Data System and other databases/systems required to ensure that candidates are appropriately registered and tracked in line with University, departmental and external awarding body requirements.
The role is key in ensuring the successful organisation and administration of programmes, courses and projects. As such the post-holder will be responsible for developing and implementing effective administrative plans and systems to ensure a consistent approach to the running of accredited projects and programmes across the department.
Location is to be determined; however, travel across both Canterbury & Medway sites will be likely.
As Outreach Programmes Co-ordinator you will:
- Manage the admissions process for the PDO’s accredited courses. This involves: processing, logging and tracking applications; liaising with the relevant programme managers and communicating outcomes to applicants
- Be proactive in developing, maintaining and enhancing systems within the department for the coordination and administration of programmes and projects
- Co-ordinating the external verification processes for programmes, ensuring that meetings are arranged, paperwork completed by programme managers and taking minutes at verification meetings where required
- Act as a point of contact within the department for all programme related queries from potential applicants, students and staff within and outside the department
To be successful in this role you will have:
- ECDL or RSA IT qualification, or equivalent experience
- Degree or equivalent
- Substantial knowledge and experience of developing, adapting and implementing administrative processes, procedures and systems in response to new requirements
- Experience of project and/or programme administration, particularly in relation to new and emerging activity
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and being comfortable in communicating with a range of people from students to senior management and external awarding bodies
Partnership Development Office
The Partnership Development Office is responsible for supporting the implementation of the University’s widening participation strategy and for developing partnerships in the region, with a particular focus on sub-regional partnerships, in support of this strategy. The Partnership Development Office is part of the EMS comprising the Recruitment and Admissions Office, the Publishing Office and the Scholarships and Foreign Loans Office.
Closing date for applications: 14 Sept 2017
Interviews are to be held: 25 Sept 2017
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: REG1154
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
No agencies, thank you.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check – Please note, this post will require a DBS check.