Short info about job
Company: University of Birmingham
Salary: £18,793 to £24,591 a year
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Clerical
Phone: +44-1258 4185211
Fax: +44-1376 6187744
Detail information about job Accounts Administrator. Terms and conditions vacancy
Hours: Part-time, 25 hours per week (5 hours per day, Monday to Friday)
Duration: Fixed-term for 18 months
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a high performing finance transactions team based in the College of Medical and Dental Sciences. The primary purpose of this post is to ensure that the goods and services required by the College for its Research and Teaching are order, delivered and paid for in a timely and efficient manner. The role will involve processing requisitions, raising orders, producing VAT exemption certificated, processing goods received notes and invoices onto the accounting system. The post holder will also liaise with Academics, Professional Services Staff and Suppliers to resolve queries and provide financial support and guidance.
- Educated to GSCE or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Knowledge and skill in accounting systems and procedures and experience of computerised accounting systems.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an Accounts / Purchasing environment
- To be a reliable, competent and well organised administrator with a good telephone manner. To be accurate and methodical in their approach to work.
- To be customer focused and to ensure that end users receive an efficient and effective service.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Develops and maintains up-o-date filing systems where applicable, continually reviewing and improving systems as appropriate.
- A willingness to use and develop new technologies and approaches to constantly improve the service provided.
- Ability to work using own initiative, under pressure and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with University Financial Procedures and the higher education sector.
Informal enquiries can be made to Sally Chance; [email protected]
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote Job Ref 12792 in all enquiries.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment