Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marketing
Business and Management Studies,Marketing
Short info about job
Company: University of Kent
Department: Kent Business School
Salary: £33,518 to £56,950
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1352 3638092
Fax: +44-118 6651367
Detail information about job Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marketing. Terms and conditions vacancy
Kent Business School is seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marketing to support the expansion of our Medway campus.
We are looking for a dedicated scholar who is keen to make a strong contribution to teaching and research as well as our student enterprise and business engagement activities. The successful applicant will lead and contribute to the delivery of marketing modules on both our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Apart from a successful teaching record, he or she will have developed an original and productive research agenda, demonstrating the ability or clear potential to publish in internationally-ranked, peer-reviewed journals. Evidence of income generation, impactful research, scholarship, or corporate engagement is expected in the case of appointments at Senior Lecturer level.
As Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marketing you will:
- Deliver and contribute to the design of high-quality, demand-driven and student-centred taught programmes; as Senior Lecturer to provide academic leadership in this area
- Engage in individual and collaborative research and scholarship leading to high-quality publications at acceptable levels of volume and academic excellence, develop income from research, enterprise, or corporate engagement individually or in collaboration with others. As Senior Lecturer, to engage in internationally excellent and/or world-leading research and scholarship, leading research, enterprise or consulting projects as well as other initiatives on behalf of the School; to generate income; and to contribute to the School’s overall strategy
- Contribute fully to the School and University by participating in meetings, working groups, committees and other School and University activities; at Senior Lecturer level, to support the management of the School, by taking on key roles and serve on School, Faculty or University working groups or committees, as required
As Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marketing you will have:
- PhD (or equivalent) in relevant area or near completion
- Teaching experience in the area of marketing
- Evidence of successful publication activity in relevant 3* or 4* rated journals
Kent Business School is one of the UK’s top 30 business schools; we are committed to developing employable graduates and informing the practice of management for a sustainable future.
Start date for applications: 23 Aug 2017
Closing date for applications: 26 Sept 2017
Interviews are to be held: 20 Oct 2017
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: SS1270
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
If you are invited for an interview, we will request references for you at that stage.