Interim Dean of Business & Management
Short info about job
Company: Regent's University London
Department: Faculty of Business & Management
Salary: £100,000 to £125,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1562 1295257
Fax: +44-1471 2627624
Detail information about job Interim Dean of Business & Management. Terms and conditions vacancy
Salary range: £100,000 - £125,000 per annum
Contract type: 12 month fixed term contract
Location: Regent’s University London, Regent’s Park, London Vacancy Reference: 17/065/BAM
The University is now seeking to recruit an inspirational and experienced Interim Dean of the Faculty of Business and Management who can provide strategic and operational management of the Faculty and play a critical role in strengthening the Faculty’s profile and reputation.
The role will provide strategic and hands on operational leadership for the Faculty of Business and Management. Developing a roadmap for future Faculty direction and realising the benefits of recent structural changes, the Interim Dean will be expected to work with colleagues in a collegiate manner, promoting pan-University collaborative endeavour wherever appropriate and provide an influential and authoritative voice for the university and the Faculty externally.
The successful applicant must have:
- an undergraduate degree and a postgraduate qualification, ideally with a PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Management, Economics), or exceptional senior experience in commercial management;
- a track record of significant management achievement either in a business school context or in the commercial/charity sector;
- evidence of a strategic vision for the future development of the Faculty that recognises higher education’s role in a globalised world, and empathy for the experience of international students at Regent’s University London;
- the vision and experience of managing all key areas of activity, including undergraduate, postgraduate and post experience programmes, enterprise and research;
- excellent relations with commerce, business and relevant governmental agencies;
- a leadership style that demonstrates the ability to drive, manage and communicate change with a collaborative style and clarity of purpose;
- a commitment to the development of a progressive, collegial culture that embraces change and innovation;
- excellent networking, stakeholder management and ‘friend-building’ skills, with the ability to build appropriate partnerships and contacts, both in the UK and internationally, among Business Schools, commercial organisations, professional bodies, government and civil society.
- experience of working in an international context.
Regent’s University London values diversity, and is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, and to proper and fair representation across its senior decision making groups. In support of these commitments, the University particularly welcomes expressions of interest and applications from women and from individuals of black and ethnic minority backgrounds, for this post.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and supporting statement outlining how you meet the person specification for this post to [email protected] Please note that CV’s submitted without an accompanying supporting statement will not be considered.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 24 September 2017 Selection Date: Wednesday 18 October.
Regent’s University London are Equal Opportunities employer.