Corporate Finance Director
Short info about job
Company: University of Bristol
Salary: Not specified
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1342 5599151
Fax: +44-1463 1357055
Detail information about job Corporate Finance Director. Terms and conditions vacancy
The Corporate Finance Director will lead the Cash, Endowment Fund and Capital Investment activities of the University in order to ensure that the Group remains financially sustainable and delivers all aspects of its capital development strategy. A significant part of this strategy will be the development of a new £500m Campus in Bristol's Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone. This exciting and high profile project will require innovative and cutting edge corporate finance transactions to deliver the student accommodation and potential additional academic and office buildings. The post-holder will be required to initiate and execute further financing transactions over the next three years. As Corporate Finance Director your responsibilities will be complex and far-reaching.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Report to the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees on the performance and position of the University's Cash Investments, Endowment Fund Investments (mixture of equities, bonds & alternatives), University of Bristol Pensions and Assurance Scheme and Borrowings, including compliance with the Treasury Management Policy.
- Report to the Finance and Estates Committees of the Board of Trustees on the financial status of the Capital Programme and undertake post project appraisals of all major capital projects for consideration by the Committees.
- Develop and manage relationships with the financial institutions from which the University borrows (and makes investments with).
- Lead the Corporate Finance Team to deliver a customer focussed service to both internal and external contacts.
- Financial planning and monitoring of the Universities £1 billion capital investment programme.
- Responsible for maintaining cash flow forecasts for time horizons between daily and ten years.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Tax Strategy & Endowment Investment Policy.
- Work with senior colleagues from all areas of the University, with committees and external bodies, providing high level professional expertise and advice to support informed decision making.
- Represent the University externally in sector groups and in negotiations, networking with external professionals, agencies and organisations for the benefit of the University.
- Chair strategic decision making panels and committees, exerting influence at the highest level.
- Make loan borrowing and repayment decisions under the University's revolving credit facility in order to manage the working capital cash balance.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Stavri at Page Executive, 01179 275911 or e-mail [email protected]
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.