Short info about job
Company: University of Kent
Department: Development Office
Salary: £27,285 to £31,604
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1298 6220428
Fax: +44-1476 7689025
Detail information about job Database Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
Do you have experience of using sophisticated fundraising databases? Do you enjoy using datamining techniques to find information? Are you confident in developing and delivering training to database users?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Development Office team to manage back-office processes and assist the Operations Manager in ensuring the University gets maximum advantage from this database and the rich data it holds.
This is a full time position on an ongoing basis.
As Database Officer you will:
- Maintain the Raiser's Edge database to a high standard for use by the Development Office and other departments.
- Manage and deliver the Strategy and Engagement team activity.
- Work with users of Raiser's Edge to ensure accuracy, consistency and that it meets their requirements and different needs.
- Supervise the Database Co-ordinator.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of using a fundraising database for maintaining records, reporting and analysis.
- Experience of working in a project team.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office packages.
- meticulous attention to detail and the ability to maintain accuracy under pressure.
The Development Office is a dynamic, innovative and friendly professional service department. The four main areas of our work cover fundraising, alumni relations, corporate events and congregations- our graduation ceremonies, in both Canterbury and Rochester Cathedrals. We host over 50 events a year, with over 20,000 guests, communicate and engage with the University's 160,000 strong alumni community and raise funds for scholarships, hardship bursaries, research and capital builds.
Our vision is to support Kent to secure its position as a top 20 UK university and be a globally recognised research institution by 2020. We will do this through our mission: to develop and discover opportunities for the University by providing a dedicated, professional service, using a balance of specialist tools and an expert knowledge bank.
Closing date for applications: 6 September 2017
Interviews are to be held: 19 September 2017
Please click on the apply button below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref number: REG1158
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
No agencies, thank you.