Faculty Accountant (Part Time)
Short info about job
Company: University of Bath
Department: Finance & Procurement
Salary: £39,324 rising to £46,924 Pro Rata
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1538 2563079
Fax: +44-1306 2673767
Detail information about job Faculty Accountant (Part Time). Terms and conditions vacancy
The University of Bath is one of the UK’s top 10 Universities and its mission is to deliver world-class research and teaching, educating our students to become future leaders and innovators, and benefiting the wider population through our research, enterprise and influence.
This mission is supported by the Finance & Procurement Office which provides a full range of Finance services to the University’s management, academic and support departments and external organisations.
The Finance & Procurement Office is inviting applications for a part-time Faculty Accountant to join its Management Accounting team, reporting to the Head of Management Accounting.
Main duties include:
- Providing Financial Business Partnering to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and to the Institute of Policy Research
- Producing the quarterly Resource Allocation Model showing the financial contribution made be academic departments.
- Providing financial input into a range of projects assisting with the strategic decision making of the University.
- Acting as a liaison between the central finance Management Accounting team and the Finance Managers.
The ideal candidates will hold a professional accountancy qualification with experience of working in large/complex organisations and providing a quality customer facing service to a variety of users. They should have strong technical knowledge and skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work on their own initiative, but also contribute positively to team goals.
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition to this we offer the following employee benefits:
- 18% employer pension contributions (8% employee contributions)
- A flexible working environment
- Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
- Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
- Interest free loans for public transport seasons tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
Whilst the position is based within the City of Bath it is expected that part of the working week will be undertaken at the University Campus where the majority of employees work.
You should submit your completed online application form by the above closing date at the apply button below.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.
- Job Description & Person Specification
- Terms of Employment
The University of Bath is an equal opportunities employer and has an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. To achieve our global aspirations, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.