Student Intervention Officer
Short info about job
Company: Wakefield College
Salary: £21,310 to £22,238 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1394 4165985
Fax: +44-1439 2092590
Detail information about job Student Intervention Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
An opportunity has arisen for a Student Intervention Officer to join our Student Experience department.
As a Student Intervention Officer, you will embed high standards and expectations with the student community and engage with students early who may have barriers to learning and ensuring the right actions are put in place to overcome these through liaison with multiple teams of staff.
As a Student Intervention Officer, you should:
- Be qualified to Level 4
- Hold GCSE grade A* - C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Have experience of successfully negotiating with a range of stakeholders in a pastoral and student support setting
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of supporting post 16 learners within an educational or training setting
- The capability of working sensitively and with empathy with students, staff, parents and other agencies to ensure the well being and success of the individual learner.
- The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 7 September 2017
Transforming lives through learning……by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.