Short info about job
Company: BPP University Limited
Salary: Not specified
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Clerical
Phone: +44-1382 9877777
Fax: +44-1320 3704284
Detail information about job Student Advisor. Terms and conditions vacancy
Location: Holborn, London
Who We Are
BPP University is the UK’s only university solely dedicated to business and the professions. We are dedicated to preparing students for a professional career and our programmes are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals in the fields of law, business, finance and health.
What you’ll do
The successful candidate will deliver outstanding customer service to our students throughout their student journey, dealing with frontline queries and providing detailed information and advice on key areas of student concern ensuring they have the information and support required to succeed in their studies. Key responsibilities will include the following:
- To provide an effective and innovative front-line customer service experience for our students, with both a reactive and a proactive approach to supporting students
- To take personal responsibility for resolving every student issue at the first contact
- Provide confidential information and advice to BPP University students via appointments and drop-in sessions on all areas of student concern
- Professionally manage queries for all BPP University students via the Student Advice telephone service and email service
- Production of standard official BPP letters for students from the Student Information system
- Completion of student registration process
- Build effective professional working relationships with team colleagues, Faculty staff and Registry departments
- Liaise with designated programme leaders and other members of staff to develop a good understanding of the needs of specific groups of students
- Contribute innovative ideas for the development of the Student Advice service and implement improvements where required
- To maintain up to date knowledge of key information, resources and external agencies related to student advice and support
Please note that evening and weekend shifts will be required, as will travel to other sites.
The successful candidate will have experience in providing information and advice in an academic student-facing environment. They will demonstrate excellent customer service skills alongside outstanding organisation and planning skills.
With demonstrable knowledge of key areas of student concern, they will have experience in dealing with people from a range of cultural backgrounds alongside experience of working within a regulatory framework.
Confident in dealing with difficult or sensitive situations in a professional manner, they will demonstrate initiative, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
How to apply
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/bpp/displayjob.aspx?jobid=2062
Closing date: 11 September 2017