Historical and Philosophical Studies,Theology and Religious Studies
Short info about job
Company: All Saints Centre for Mission and Ministry
Salary: £36,000 per annum, and pension contribution
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1388 4726837
Fax: +44-1445 4554077
Detail information about job Link Tutor. Terms and conditions vacancy
Website: http://allsaintscentre.orgApplication pack: [email protected]Hours: 35 hours per week
All Saints has seen phenomenal growth, to become one of the Church of England’s largest providers of theological education. This exciting new post is responsible for developing and delivering an innovative integrated programme for discipleship and training for lay and ordained ministries to degree level in Derby Diocese.
We are looking for a person with a higher degree in an area of theology relevant to discipleship and ministerial training, and an excellent understanding of educational design. They will need to be confident in using IT and a VLE / LMS, and able to collaborate in monitoring, liaising, consulting and negotiating as All Saints and the Diocese establish an educationally effective and high quality academic programme.
All Saints’ calling is to train women and men for lay and ordained ministries in the Church of England and, under God to re-imagine and renew its ministry. Working to the highest academic standards, All Saints seeks to be an inclusive and diverse community, welcoming people from different backgrounds who wish to develop their discipleship, understanding of the Christian faith and engagement in the mission of God.
Significant Working Relationships
- Accountable to the Principal and line managed by the Vice Principal
- Diocesan staff involved in the oversight and delivery of the programme
- Students on the integrated pathway
- Members of the Support Team
- Members of the Course Management Team as appropriate
Place of Work
All Saints course office, on the Warrington Campus of the University of Chester.
The post involves work in All Saints’ teaching venues and diocesan premises in the East Midlands.
- Collaborating to establish the educational and administrative processes, resources and infrastructure to deliver the programmes to agreed timescales
- Overseeing the design and delivery of modules for the Integrated Pathway within the Common Awards and supporting tutors and facilitators in their roles. The pedagogical approach is based firmly on the principles of distance / online / blended learning and adult education.
- Integration of ordination training (especially) with current undergraduate programmes means that collaborating with diocesan and All Saints staff is an essential part of this job
- A sound and creative approach to learning and able to facilitate different approaches to engage people in learning in order to support a wide variety of mature students from varied backgrounds studying for a range of reasons, including personal interest, exploring vocation or training for a specific ministry
- Taking initial responsibility for the practical running of some or all of the modules
- The Link Tutor will be expected to teach on other All Saints’ programmes, according to their area/s of expertise
- Other duties as required from time to time to enable All Saints to fulfil its mission
An occupational requirement has been declared in accordance with Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 for the post holder to be a person of faith in Jesus Christ who is an active member of a Christian Church, and who is in sympathy with the mission and ministry of the Church of England and at ease with its diversity.