Head of UK Student Recruitment & Outreach
PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication,Senior Management
Short info about job
Company: Leeds Beckett University
Department: External Relations
Salary: £42,418 to £49,149 (Grade 8)
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1330 1804473
Fax: +44-151 3090698
Detail information about job Head of UK Student Recruitment & Outreach. Terms and conditions vacancy
We are looking for an experienced leader of student recruitment activities to help us meet our ambitious recruitment and widening participation targets. This is an exciting role leading a team of 15 people, delivering school and college outreach activities, open days, and other student recruitment events and activities which will ensure we recruit strongly from underrepresented groups.
This is a key role in our service and you will feed into the university’s overall recruitment strategy. You will have the opportunity to shape our outreach strategy and will be responsible for setting priorities and managing resources effectively. You will build excellent relationships with our Deans and academic colleagues to ensure we are maximising opportunities for our academic schools and range of courses.
We are one of the most popular universities in the UK, and we are looking for someone with energy and drive to help us meet our ambitions. In return we offer a generous package and an exciting fast-paced working environment.
The post reports to the Associate Director (Student Marketing and UK Recruitment), sitting within the University Recruitment Service.
You will possess:
- Excellent people management skills with a proven track record of successful management and leadership.
- A strong track record delivering against stretching recruitment targets (or sales targets in a comparable organisation).
- Extensive knowledge of the school sector and how universities can best support them.
- A detailed understanding of the challenges and opportunities of raising aspirations to attend university from underrepresented groups.
- Energy, passion, and enthusiasm for delivering excellent experiences for young people.
We welcome applications from all individuals and particularly from black and minority ethnic candidates as members of these groups are currently under-represented at this level of post. All appointments will be based on merit.
Closing date: 19 September 2017 (Midnight).