Lecturer in Culinary Arts
Business and Management Studies,Hospitality and Leisure
Short info about job
Company: IMI International Management Institute
Salary: Not specified
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1461 8168853
Fax: +44-1362 8703613
Detail information about job Lecturer in Culinary Arts. Terms and conditions vacancy
Interested applications are invited for a Chef Lecturer in Culinary Arts for a renowned international hospitality and culinary management school in Switzerland.
All programmes and culinary classes are taught in English. This position is expected to start in early November 2017. The position entails 20-25 hours per week of kitchen practical and theoretical culinary classes during the teaching weeks from basic to advance.
The applicant should have a wide range of experience in kitchen, education, training and/or lecturing contributing in a range of culinary subjects. Be knowledgeable in all culinary techniques, food products and menu planning. Plus, be able to support and motivate international students in all aspects of culinary arts developing both practical and study skills.
The applicant also needs to be creative and take an innovative approach within culinary arts that is relevant to the needs of the hospitality industry. International travel for teaching and marketing is also likely.
Applicants should have:
- significant work experience in a kitchen and/or as a chef lecturer;
- substantial training and/or teaching experience in an organisation of similar size/complexity;
- working in a dynamic academic team;
- be in possession of a teaching qualification and a specialist in the general area of Culinary arts;
- additional Culinary qualifications are an assist;
- experience in culinary competitons (desirable);
- good organisational skills and attention to detail;
- excellent communications skills, written and spoken;
- fluent in English; and
- German and French language desirable.
For full details about IMI visit www.imi-luzern.com. Further enquiries and applications should be sent to Dr. Carrie Ann Brühlmann [email protected]
Closing date for applications Monday 25th September 2017