Sales Manager, United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia
PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication
Short info about job
Company: De Gruyter Open Sp. z o.o.
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1406 4904266
Fax: +44-1526 6346496
Detail information about job Sales Manager, United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia. Terms and conditions vacancy
De Gruyter Open (www.degruyteropen.com) is one of the world’s leading companies providing professional publishing services to the academic market. The company is owned by De Gruyter (www.degruyter.com), an academic publishing house based in Berlin, Germany. The company’s portfolio features more than 1100 academic journals, 35 databases, and 60,000 books, with more than 850 titles added to the platform each year.
We are currently seeking a full-time:
Sales Manager (United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia)
The Sales Manager will work under the Head of Sales and will be responsible for generating new sales of publishing services to societies (including learned societies, universities, research institutes, academies of science, conference organizers). The Sales Manager will also assist the Head of Sales to formulate and implement the company's sales strategies across the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.
The responsibilities include the following:
- Presentation and sale of publishing services to societies
- Organization of promotional events and meetings with potential customers
- Management of customer relationships in order to generate new business opportunities
- Building and updating databases of potential customers
- Sales and business reporting to supervisor
The applicants should meet the following requirements:
- A university degree
- Sales experience (documented)
- A motivated, results-oriented personality
- Strong interpersonal skills for successful interaction with customers
- Native or nearly native English
- Any Scandinavian language is not required, but would be a plus
- Ability and desire to travel extensively (35%-40%) and to work from home office
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Driving license, candidates need to frequently travel to visit customers
The successful candidate will ideally have 2 or more years of sales experience in one or more of the following sectors:
- Software as a service (SAAS)
- Higher education
Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience selling to the UK academic market.
- Work in international environment
- Salary: OTE Salary band: £35k - £45k
- Laptop and mobile.
Applicants must be based in England, preferably in or near London.
We are looking forward to your application…… and offer you an exciting challenge within an international dynamic working environment with potential for further development of your professional skills. Please send your CV and Covering Letter (both in English) via email to [email protected]
The email subject should be: “Sales Manager, United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia”