Programme Director, Executive Education
Administrative,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication,Senior Management
Short info about job
Company: University of Cambridge
Department: Institute for Sustainability Leadership
Salary: £52,793 to £55,998
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1535 1099700
Fax: +44-1576 5974060
Detail information about job Programme Director, Executive Education. Terms and conditions vacancy
How can multinational businesses take action to address global sustainability challenges while strengthening their commercial position and organisational resilience? How can they develop the leadership capacity needed to align sustainability with profitable growth?
For over 25 years the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), part of the University of Cambridge, has worked to empower and support organisations to address these challenges, by catalysing collective business action and through world-class educational programmes, both informed by cutting-edge research. Programmes include the flagship Prince of Wales’s Business & Sustainability Programme, a range of online programmes, as well as customised programmes delivered in Cambridge and internationally for some of the world’s largest and most influential organisations.
CISL plans to significantly extend this portfolio of high quality and internationally recognised executive education programmes and is seeking an exceptional, inspirational and commercially astute individual to lead an area of growth in the Executive Education team. Within the context of the overall team strategy, the successful candidate will take responsibility for building deep, substantive relationships with multinational businesses in specific markets, delivering and developing products and services to meet client needs, and building the knowledge base to underpin the team’s work in order to inform and inspire leaders to take action.
- You will develop your own pipeline of strategic opportunities to build the capacity of senior leaders – through customised, open-enrolment and online programmes - to do business in ways that deliver positive sustainability outcomes and to lead progress towards a sustainable economy.
- You will craft compelling and powerful propositions underpinned by the latest research, meeting clients’ rapidly evolving needs, representing the highest quality standards, and which are effective in achieving impact.
- You will lead highly-motivated teams to deliver exceptionally high quality, high impact educational programmes and services, on time and on budget for clients within your portfolio.
- Probably with an executive education, consultancy or think tank background, you will be accustomed to working with senior level clients particularly from the private sector, but also the public sector and multilateral institutions, in the UK and internationally, quickly building personal credibility and trust with key decision-makers
- You will have a personal track record of developing business opportunities and delivering high quality projects with multinational business
- Financially literate and commercially astute, you will complement CISL’s expertise in sustainability with a consultative and appropriately challenging style of client engagement
- You will have a keen appreciation of customer needs and competitive analysis coupled with the intellectual rigour to develop profound and relevant propositions which deliver significant revenue growth
- You will be a positive, articulate and persuasive communicator with an inspired leadership style that builds trust, collaboration and strong working relationships with diverse and highly intelligent colleagues and partners
While you may not be an expert in sustainability, you will demonstrate a good understanding of critical sustainability issues facing senior leaders and have the personal commitment, intellectual curiosity and business development skills to make a major contribution to the continued success and reputation of CISL as a pioneer in sustainability leadership.
To submit an application, please follow this link http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/14545/ and click 'Apply online'.
For any questions about the post, please contact [email protected]