Air Combat Officer
Take off on a dynamic career at the controls of some of the most sophisticated and advanced electronic systems and sensors in Australia
Summary about this job
Government - Federal
Company: Defence Force Recruiting Eastern Region
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Air Combat Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Work with cutting edge technology and advanced aircraft
- Highly demanding role with full training provided
- Excellent salary package plus travel and numerous benefits
As an Air Force Air Combat Officer you'll be trained to take charge of advanced aeronautical systems and sensors while enjoying:
- an excellent salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- a good work/life balance
- rewarding work and world-class training
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining peacekeeping missions and supporting communities in need.
Picture yourself high in the sky hunting down an enemy submarine, or coordinating a complex search and rescue operation, or even programming the guided missiles of an F/A-18F Super Hornet.
The Air Force leads the way in developing highly sophisticated weapon and communication systems that deliver competitive advantage in combat situations. These complex systems will become your everyday tools in this role.
The challenging work offers plenty of excitement as you make real time command and control decisions in 3-dimensional environments. Once you’ve completed basic training, you’ll be streamed into one of three areas of the Service:
- Performing surveillance and control duties in both ground and air environments, using radar, communications, tactical data links and electronic support.
- Flying with an F/A-18F Super Hornet Pilot to operate state of the art mission and weapon systems.
- Commanding missions on the AP-3C Orion and the P-8 Poseidon aircraft (in 2018), for a variety of maritime patrol and response purposes.
If you enjoy high-adrenalin activities and have the qualities to become an inspirational leader, this is your chance to embark on a really rewarding and worthwhile career.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
- Fully-paid training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $73,400 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Enter directly or via the Australian Defence Force Academy ACT
- Training in VIC or ACT
- Initial posting depends on stream, and could be in NSW, QLD, SA or NT
- At least 17 years of age
- Australian Citizen
- Year 12 completion with passes in English, Mathematics and two other academic subjects
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application. For more information view the full position description here: