Senior Technical Writer
Fantastic Opportunity for a Senior Technical Writer to join our multi platform enterprise.
Summary about this job
Company: BAE Systems
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Senior Technical Writer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Defence industry leader
- Excellent training and career opportunities
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An excellent opportunity exists for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Sydney Maritime Sustainment team. You will be responsible for reviewing and writing technical documentation in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions, to achieve project technical, schedule and cost goals
In more specific terms, you will:
- Reviewing and writing of technical documents in accordance with project documents
- Develop project specific technical documentation and ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Undertake the integration and validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Lead and participate in peer reviews for documentation activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Actively participate in change management and quality control processes.
- Utilise technical writing tools effectively to undertake development, and verification, including liaison with customers and suppliers when appropriate
- Make technical writing decisions and provide regular status information to the supervisors when required
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Experience in a senior role within a production/technical environment
- Proven experience in the understanding of the Engineering Development lifecycle
- A background in Mechanical or electrical engineering will be highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong time management skills with demonstrated ability meeting deadlines
- Previous experience within the maritime industry will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html