Administration Support Officer - Statutory Planning
Temporary Planning Admin Officer | Local Government | Eastern suburbs
Summary about this job
Government - Local
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job Administration Support Officer - Statutory Planning. Terms and conditions vacancy
Looking to further your experience within Local Government? This council, based in the Eastern suburbs has an opening for a competent administrator to assist them on a short – mid term basis. The council is close to public transport, has spacious open plan offices and an enviable company culture. For the right candidate this will be an immediate start.
Reporting to the team leader within the Planning team, the main objective of this role will be to provide support to the Town Planners and planning department.
Key responsibilities include;
- Liaising with building and planning professionals in regards to lodgement of relevant building certificates such as sections 80's
- Filling, scanning and archiving of planning and building lodgements
- Process accurate data entry into the internal CRM
- Administration support to senior staff members
- Provision of development permits, requests for further information, copies of endorsed plans, notice of decisions (including VCAT notifications) and refusals
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Previous experience working within a local government authority
- Knowledge of Victorian Building or Planning legislation
- Experience working in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills in particular a suburb phone manner
- A hard-working, punctual and organized attitude towards work
- Be an effective member of the team and capable of meeting deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent hourly rate and the opportunity to broaden your local government knowledge in a supportive team. Apply today for an immediate start.