APS 4-APS 5 Administrative Support Officer
Our Federal Government client is seeking an APS 4 - APS 5 Administrative Support Officer for a 6 month contract with extension options.
Summary about this job
Government - Federal
Company: First People Recruitment Solutions Pty Ltd
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job APS 4-APS 5 Administrative Support Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- 6 month contract with extension options
- Baseline Security clearance required
- Canberra location
The role will be a part of the business unit which manages the development, preparation, implementation and evaluation of the Center's strategic and business plans and provides administrative and enabling support to the Center's capacity branch.
Job responsibilities of the successful candidate will involve :
- Provide support to business operations processes including: travel, administration, purchasing, financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable and information management.
- The administration officer is the focal point for staff domestic travel arrangements and responsible for end-to-end processing of travel, from initial request to booking, acquittal and data retention/record management.
- Perform 'front of office' receptionist functions, including greeting visitors and receiving and responding to phone calls, emails and general correspondence.
- Provide secretariat support to (minute taking) and participate in Business Operations Team meetings
- Understudy the Executive Assistant to provide a ‘back-fill’ during periods of leave/absence and provide ADHOC support to the Senior Executive as required.
- On occasion, the Administration Officer may perform tasks and activities that support business unit to deliver broader organisational outcomes. This might include sourcing external event venues, arranging international travel, or other administrative/business support activities in support of business unit’s external facing Directorates.
Desirable skills and attributes
- Exhibits professionalism and positivity
- Have attention to detail and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Collaborative, cooperative and possesses a “can do” attitude
- Builds relationships and support team cohesion
A current baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain is required for the role.
For further details please contact Laura Ferguson at [email protected]
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions is a 100% Indigenous Owned Business providing temporary assignments, fixed term contracts and permanent recruitment solutions to the Australian Government and Commercial Organisations.
Our Head Office is based in Canberra with a national reach to all the states and territories, regional and remote areas of Australia.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians together with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.