Information and Listings Officer
Provide centralised operational support for the scheduling of Court appearances via video conferencing and responding to enquiries and requests.
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Department of Justice and Regulation
Work type: Full Time
Salary: $66,699 - $80,987
Detail information about job Information and Listings Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- 2 x Ongoing, Full Time opportunitites
- Join a fast paced dynamic environment
- Great opportunity for a challenge in a complex and very engaging work environment
An exciting opportunity has emerged for the recruitment of two Information and Listings Officers within the Sentence Calculation and Warrant Administration (SCWA) Unit of Corrections Victoria.
Corrections Victoria is responsible for the direction, management and operation of Victoria's corrections systems, which incorporates prisons and Community Correctional Services. As a service agency within the Department of Justice and Regulation, Corrections Victoria develops and implements policies, programs and services that ensure the safe and secure containment of prisoners, and seek to rehabilitate offenders by addressing the underlying causes of offending behaviour.
The Sentence Calculation and Warrant Administration (SCWA) within the Sentence Management Branch, is responsible for the recording of warrants, the correct calculation of sentences and supporting Corrections Victoria's task of producing individuals to Courts in a timely manner.
About the role
As the Information and Listings Officer, you will be responsible for providing centralised operational support for the scheduling of Court appearances via video conferencing and responding to enquiries and requests from the public and key Corrections Victoria stakeholders. In the role, you will:
- coordinate information regarding video conferences for upcoming Court appearances for prisoners
- monitor and record outcomes of Court appearances
- provide authoritative advice to the Corrections Victoria Video Conferencing Coordination Unit on the scheduling and recording of Court matters heard by video conference
- develop and maintain local databases and analyse reports to support decision making.
Please note that the SCWA operates shifts on a roster basis, with coverage from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays. This role will require shift work rostered within these hours, as the operational need arises.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- demonstrated experience in working in a complex operational environment
- advanced computer skills with the ability to maintain databases and confidently navigate organisational systems
- the ability to problem solve and have strong communication to negotiate effectively to develop and implement solutions.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.