Leadership opportunity delivering Electrical, Mechanical and Facility Management services to a diverse team based in Melbourne OR Perth
Summary about this job
Government - Federal
Company: Airservices Australia
Work type: Full Time
Salary: salary package to be negotiated
Detail information about job Infrastructure Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Airservices has two major operating centres in Melbourne and Brisbane and a corporate office in Canberra. We operate 29 air traffic towers at international and regional airports, and provide aviation rescue fire fighting services at 26 Australian airports.
As part of the Infrastructure Asset Service team, the Infrastructure Technical Manager will contribute to the provision of Air Navigation Services by ensuring the operational safety and integrity of the enabling National Airways System and base infrastructure.
The role provides leadership and management of technically diverse teams that deliver safe, efficient and effective frontline preventative and corrective maintenance and installation services.
The role will have leadership accountability to direct reports that operate at Team Leader level and indirectly to large multi-discipline teams of up to 50 members.
Your role will be required to focus on integrating infrastructure maintenance and facilities management functions to realise efficiency gains through looking at alternative maintenance delivery opportunities, whilst ensuring compliance to internal and external governance policies and standards.
The Person, Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Capability or line management experience in maintenance support of critical and operational technical systems and associated infrastructure and facilities.
- Ability to lead teams with diverse skill sets and experience in delivering an integrated team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability in an autonomous and remote work environment exercising exceptional levels of initiative and judgment in both an independent and team situation.
- Communication skills of the highest order, with the ability to converse on technical, financial and people related matters at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to lead the reviews of current procedures and practices with a view to reducing or removing non-value added activities leading to the continuous improvement of maintenance management systems and processes.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple remote maintenance bases which will include office, workshops and site storage.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the practices and requirements of ‘Fairness and Diversity’, ‘Work Health and Safety’ and ‘Values Based Leadership’ and the demonstrated commitment to manage the practical application of these principles in the workplace.
- Appropriate tertiary or industry specific leadership qualifications or evidence of relevant equivalent knowledge.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Infrastructure Technical Manager - PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact [email protected]
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55pm (AEST) Thursday 26th July 2018.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices is a government owned corporation providing the aviation industry with services such as air traffic control, navigation facilities and aviation rescue and fire fighting.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.