Capture, share, understand and act on quality intelligence related to terrorism, crime, traffic and public order issues.
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Victoria Police
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Analyst. Terms and conditions vacancy
- VPSG3 range $66,699 - $80,987 p.a. + super + leave loading.
- One full time, ongoing position available
- Position located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands
About the role:
As the successful applicant, you will utilise a variety of computer systems and sophisticated intelligence tools designed to research, collect and effectively manage, maintain, prepare and deliver intelligence alerts and real-time information relating to policing and/or, targeted high risk/priority offenders and public safety incidents to the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
You will operate within a new hi-tech facility designed to capture, share, understand and act on quality intelligence related to terrorism, crime, traffic and public order issues. Opportunities may also exist for the successful applicant to perform supervisory duties (upgraded) within a team environment to ensure intelligence analysis and related research tasks function to serve the needs of the organisation.
Some of your duties will include:
- Improving the information flow and consequence management within Victoria Police and throughout the State.
- Performing real time analysis by interrogating state-wide operational information systems.
- Monitoring Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and other data systems to provide advice to supervisors on service demand impacts.
- Providing advice about resource surge capacity across the state.
- Providing real time tactical intelligence and advice for critical incident management situations.
- Providing real time interpretation, analysis and monitoring of social media platforms.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in science, technology, engineering or mathematics or in the related fields of criminology or criminal/military intelligence, social media, business analytics are highly desirable.
- Be required to successfully complete the modules of a Victoria Police approved Intelligence Program relevant to the role as determined by the Region / Department / Command and qualify within 18 months from enrolment.
- Successful completion of a strategic analysis course is highly desirable.
Requirements and relevant information:
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo National Security Vetting, achieve and maintain a security classification as determined by the Department Head. To achieve this, applicants must be an Australian Citizen.
- The incumbent will be required to work Rostered Hours, Shift work, some Public Holidays and Weekends. Shift allowances will be paid in accordance with the relevant Victorian Public Service Agreement.
- Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo a critical thinking assessment (psychometric testing) and a collaborative exercise in the Hydra Suite at the Victoria Police Academy.
- Usual hours of work will be 7am-3pm / 3pm-11pm / 11pm-7am, including weekends and public holidays.
- The position is located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 5 August 2018 - No applications will be accepted via email.
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements / reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email [email protected]
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au