Accounts receivable role with leading local government employer.
Summary about this job
Accounts Receivable/Credit Control
Company: City of Greater Geelong
Location: South West Coast VIC
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Revenue Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
About the Financial Services Department
This department is part of our Finance & Strategy Division, and is responsible for the provision of strategic and operational financial services to assist the City achieve optimal financial performance.
Our Revenue Team play a key role in maintaining the City’s billing, receipting and collection processes and providing accurate revenue data reporting.
About the role
This position contributes to the operational success of the Revenue Team by providing efficient and effective account issue, cash management, debtor account management and collection processes.
Working in an environment where accuracy and timeliness are key priorities, this position performs a variety of tasks and provides accurate revenue data for reporting and daily reconciliations.
This is a temporary full-time Maternity Leave replacement position for 12 months.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Reconciliation of bank statements and ledger balances.
- Receipting of financial adjustments and journals.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of the revenue collection processes.
- Accurate, timely and up to date creation and maintenance of records including rates, accounts receivable, reconciliations and financial adjustments.
- Make a positive personal contribution to the successful operation of the Revenue Team.
- Participate in the development of the team into an efficient, effective and customer focused team operating as a business unit with a strong commercial focus.
- Interact with customers and provide feedback to ensure the highest level of service is maintained at all times.
Key selection criteria
- Several years’ experience in a revenue, banking or financial environment
- Strong technical skills to process accounts receivable, direct debit transactions, and manage outstanding debt.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with strong reconciliation skills
- Analysis and problem solving to resolve reconcilable items.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Versatility to pick up new tasks as required.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and many varied learning and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to our community.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria.
Enquiries: Carole Kirby | 03 5272 4650 | [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 3 August 2018.