Management accountant - Part Time
We have a flexible part time, 12-month fixed term contract opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join our Kalgoorlie team.
Summary about this job
Management Accounting & Budgeting
Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job Management accountant - Part Time. Terms and conditions vacancy
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract
- Flexible days/ hours (0.6 FTE)
- Get involved with our SAP integration project
At Ixom our people are our point of differentiation - we're challenging the status quo and pushing through the boundaries, allowing us to grow our individuals, our customers and our company value. Be part of the Ixom journey and help shape our future.
We have a flexible part time, 12-month fixed term contract opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join our Kalgoorlie team. Reporting to the Head of Financial Services and Optimisation (based in Melbourne), you will be responsible for the effective delivery of financial accounting information, while also supporting the delivery of routine reporting for business performance management. You will also assist with some key business-critical projects, involving standardizing and simplifying processes and procedures in preparation for a SAP integration.
As we have a small knit office in Kalgoorlie, we are looking for someone who is flexible and happy to help out with various office duties while looking after the finance operations.
- Complete Period End processes, including journal preparation, general ledger close, and preparation of financial statements
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations, and prepare routine Management Reporting
- Support the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Ensure key accounting activities follow standardised processes and procedures, and ensure compliance to group policies and internal controls
- Identify areas for improvement across accounting processes, financial systems and reporting
- Ad hoc office duties as required
- Tertiary qualification in Finance / Accounting; and or CA/ CPA qualified highly regarded
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in management accounting along with strong analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of systems and tools with strong Excel skills (SAP and MYOB experience is highly desirable but not mandatory)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
You are inquisitive and creative, with a desire to challenge the status quo and improve processes. As a team player, you are always willing to support other team members, and contribute to a culture of collaboration and consideration. This is the ideal role for someone looking to return to the workforce on a part time basis, or someone who is keen for a better work-life balance. Enjoy being part of our cohesive, supportive team where your contribution is valued.
Ixom leads the market in water treatment and chemical distribution in Australia and New Zealand, but this is just the beginning. Our passion for growth means that we seek out opportunity everywhere, applying creativity and curiosity to all aspects of our business.
When working for Ixom, you can be confident knowing that we are a company who cares. For our people, we have a fierce commitment to doing things safely; for our community, we proudly support local initiative in the communities we operate in globally.
Click on the link below - applications close 30th July 2018
If you have any questions prior to applying please contact Kimberley Rowell at [email protected]
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to apply.