Fantastic opportunity for a part-qualified Assistant Accountant looking to take the next step in their career. Iconic retailer with a global presence.
Summary about this job
Company: Mars Recruitment
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Assistant Accountant. Terms and conditions vacancy
My client is an internationally recognised retailer and a leader in their field. With year-on-year growth and an excellent employee culture, they are a true employer of choice in the Melbourne market. Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity now exists for an ambitious Junior Accountant to join the team.
- Preparation of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Accounts with commentary for significant variances
- Ensure all reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis
- Liaise with all store partners in providing accurate information for analysis of store performance
- Lodge monthly Income Activity Statements/Quarterly BAS on a timely basis
- Liaise with Tax Manager with year-end tax returns for all stores
- Ad hoc tasks and project work as required
- Part-qualified CA / CPA
- 1-3 years' accounting experience
- Fundamentals of Income Tax, GST legislation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and translate data
- Experience within a Retail / Hospitality environment will be highly regarded
If this looks like you, please contact Nicola Godfrey at MARS Recruitment via the details listed below.