Accounting support to Balance Collective and general accounting support within the Finance department.
Summary about this job
Accounts Receivable/Credit Control
Company: The Wests Group Australia
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Finance Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Generous employee benefits
- Stable employment
- Diverse position
The Wests Group Australia, is Newcastle’s premier owned and operated (not for profit) membership based organisation. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional entertainment, accommodation and dining venues across our five clubs and three hotels, including state of the art health clubs. The recent acquisition of the Newcastle Knights further strengthens our community commitment and compliments our dynamic portfolio.
About the position
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Finance Officer is responsible for accounting support to Balance Collective and general accounting support within the Finance department. Tasks and responsibilities for the position will include but not limited to:
- Coordination of monthly direct debit and credit card member payments including rejections and appropriate liaison with members
- Follow up on all outstanding accounts including monthly reminder letters
- Liaise with debt collection agencies as required
- Monitor and report membership debtors to management
- Manage corporate invoicing and follow up of outstanding accounts
- Manage online membership payment gateway
- Entering/extracting financial information from the Links system as required
- Accounts Receivable for Western Suburbs (Ncle) Leagues Club
- Review Accounts Payable statements and maintain creditor files
- Daily accounting procedures including cash transfers.
- Coordination of Archive process including maintenance of Archive register.
The preferred candidate will have 2 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position, with proven understanding of account practices. Attention to detail and fast and accurate data entry is key to this position. Strong communication and the ability to work in a team environment is essential.
What we offer
In return The Wests Group Australia can offer you stability & generous employee benefits including discounted gym memberships and meals.
Feel you have the talent we are looking for? Apply now!