Staffing Partner (Contingent Recruitment Consultant)
This is a fantastic opportunity to be
Summary about this job
Recruitment - Internal
Company: Melbourne Racing Club
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Free Carparking, Industry Passes
Detail information about job Staffing Partner (Contingent Recruitment Consultant). Terms and conditions vacancy
- Be part of fast paced, exciting events business!
- Responsible for Recruitment, Workforce Planning and Admin
- Ongoing training, development and opportunities
As Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) continues to evolve, never has there been a more exciting time to join the business!
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Casual Staffing & Workforce Planning team who are fundamental to the success of everything that we do! Weather its staffing for the Caulfield Spring Racing Carnival, the Peninsula Picnic or the MRC Foundation Gala Dinner - no two days are ever the same!
This fast paced role will see you take ownership for the end to end recruitment and allocation of our casual events and food & beverage staff which is fundemental to the success of our business! You abilities to multitask and think one step ahead is what will set you apart and will help you navigate this exciting role
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
• Recruitment of casual hospitality staff (sourcing, screening and running assessment centres)
• Managing and maintaining large scale rostering of staff for Racedays, functions and trade shows
• Partnering with internal stakeholders (F&B, Events, Sales, Operations etc)
• Working with our agency partners on casual staffing orders
• Processing of casual staff timesheets
• Being the first point of contact for casual employee enquiries
Reporting into the Workforce Planning Manager, you will form an integral part of this tight-knit team where true team work is a way of life and the key to our success!
What are we looking for?
Ideally you will have the following background and experience
• Volume recruitment/ Casual Staffing or Recruitment/HR Coordinator experience
• An ability to multitask and think one step ahead
• Strong stakeholder relationship and management skills
• Solid attention to detail
• Strong computer literacy (essential)
• An understanding of hospitality operations (desirable)
• A background in large scale staff rostering and time & attendance systems (desirable)
You will have a friendly customer focused approach, with the ability to remain calm under pressure, manage your time, and a natural problem solver.
In return for your experience you will have the opportunity to work in a supportive environment where you will find yourself positively challenged on a daily basis in a role that really makes a difference and a chance to see behind the scenes of an exciting, large scale events business!
Please Note: The working week for this role may involve some weekend work (race days) based on operational requirements
We're a business that is passionate what we do - putting on world class events and race days and that is reflective in our staff - we're a passionate, hardworking and fun team of professionals! No two days will ever be the same and although you'll have some days that will challenge you, you'll get satisfaction from seeing the positive change the work that your involved in has on the whole business.
Its not all work though, there is some play! You get to soak up the atmosphere of watching the events and race days unfold in front of your eyes knowing that you've played your part in making that happen through the people our team support and you'll enjoy being part of a fun, social business.
Benefits Include, but not limited too
- Free onsite parking
- Racing Industry Passes
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Time in Lieu for Race Days/Events worked