HR Manager-The Royal Sydney Golf Club
A great opportunity has arisen for a professional and experienced HR Generalist to join a warm and engaging culture at the Royal Sydney Golf Club.
Summary about this job
Consulting & Generalist HR
Company: Royal Sydney
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job HR Manager-The Royal Sydney Golf Club . Terms and conditions vacancy
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other and to enjoy the experience.
Reporting into the General Manager and looking after the overall HR function of the Club your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Develop Human Resource strategy and establish the objectives in line with the Club’s overall objectives.
- Participate in the development of Club’s strategy.
- Provide advice to the Executive and senior managers regarding recruitment and selection strategies and initiatives.
- Provide advice to the Executive and senior managers regarding disciplinary performance and grievance issues ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Review processes and systems with a view to continually improve the efficiency of HR processes.
- Coordinate the annual Remuneration Review process ensuring compliance with the Club’s EA and Remuneration policy are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain a succession plan for all areas
- Create, negotiate and implement the Club’s Enterprise Agreement.
- In consultation with the Return to Work Coordinator assist in the management of Workers Compensation claims.
- Assist in the on boarding of all new employees to support their early development and contribution.
- Participate in the WHS Committee and Executive WHS Committee
- Ensure all training and development is linked to the Club’s needs whilst also assessing the individual development of staff.
Work Health and Safety
- Manage the Club’s Workers Compensation claims.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow any reasonable workplace health and safety policy and procedures.
- Report any hazards and safety issues through the appropriate channels.
- Be familiar with the Club’s emergency procedures and be ready to implement if necessary.
- Tertiary Education in Human Resources or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years experience, ideally in Hospitality
- Well-developed knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- An understanding of WHS and Return to Work process.
- Ability to interpret Industrial Agreements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organisational and administration skills with strong attention to detail.
What’s in it for me?
- Work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds against a sporting backdrop
- Competitive salary
- Access to training
- Staff meals
- Social functions
- Access to world class golf course and tennis courts
- Career progression
- Discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.)
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable and growing organisation, make the role your own and be involved in developing policies and procedures whilst partnering with both internal and external stakeholders.