Learning & Development Lead
Lead a team in the design, development and implementation of all L&D services to support performance throughout the organisation.
Summary about this job
Training & Development
Company: Anglicare SQ
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Detail information about job Learning & Development Lead. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Develop and embed frameworks, models and systems to meet learning needs
- Partner with subject matter experts for design and delivery of L&D activities
- Oversee the implementation of client specific service/program plans
About the Position
Our new Anglicare Corporate Services function has been designed to support and strengthen our Client Service teams. As a result, we have a number of new management and professional opportunities across four departments (Organisational Development, Governance, Risk & Assurance, ICT and Finance). This is an exciting time to join Anglicare during transformation to reimagine new innovative ways of serving our current and future clients with the opportunity to make a positive contribution and difference.
To support our newly established team, we are looking for a full time Learning and Development Lead to direct and coordinate all L&D activities across the organisation, in support of the operational and strategic direction of Anglicare. The role will be based in Ann St, Brisbane with travel throughout the region regularly, as required. The Lead will also supervise and guide a team of specialists and trainers, working collaboratively with all departments.
With a significant background in learning and development, you will be passionate about leading a team to assist Anglicare in the provision of high quality support to our clients, residents and families. Skills and experience will include:
- Demonstrable success in a senior L&D role preferably within the healthcare or human services sector
- Proven track record of strategic and operational delivery of L&D services - from planning to implementation
- Strong leadership, mentoring and supervision skills; able to provide support and guidance to a team of experienced professionals
- Significant knowledge of blended, digital and micro-learning L&D delivery methodologies, best practice L&D and capability development
- Strong change and project management skills with the ability to identify and implement workplace innovation
- An understanding of multi-stream services and working within a multidisciplinary organisation
- Experienced in the implementation of capability frameworks through L&D activities
- Excellent coordination, and internal and external stakeholder management and partnership skills
Along with your practical capacity, cultural and team fit is essential to be successful in this role, and your attributes will include:
- A consultative approach to leadership, and dedication to working with a knowledge-sharing focus
- Communication, influencing and negotiation skills; ability to suitably engage different audiences
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- The ability to self-manage and streamline your own workload and responsibilities
- Solutions-focus, results-driven and confidence working within a best practice, continuous improvement framework
Your qualifications will include:
- Degree in Human Resources, Behavioural or Human Services, Education or similar field
- Postgraduate qualifications in Human Resources, Organisational Development, Adult Education or similar field (desired)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desired)
- A National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals under a proactive manager
- An increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
- Genuine and ongoing opportunity for professional development and career growth
- A CBD location, with easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
- Plenty of choice for coffee and lunch with numerous cafes, restaurants and a local Woolies
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3491
For further information please email
Applications close Monday 9th July 2018
Assistance from Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.