Senior Workforce Planner
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven Workforce Planner to work alongside a high performing leadership team in Broadbeach.
Summary about this job
Company: dnata catering
Location: Gold Coast
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Senior Workforce Planner. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Working alongside a high performing leadership team in a reputable company!
- Competitive Salary Package
- Be part of Australia’s largest inflight catering company based in Broadbeach
Australia’s largest inflight catering company, dnata catering is chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh, award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 2,000 people across 11 cities, produce over 25 million meals each year, and service over 250 thousand flights.
Our parent company dnata, a part of the Emirates Group and one of the world’s largest air services providers, was established in 1959. Working to ensure the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently, dnata operates a global network providing catering, cargo, ground handling and travel services from 129 airports, across 84 countries.
Collectively employing 4,000 people in Australia, and 39,000 people globally, dnata is a trusted partner of over 400 customers around the world.
Handling more than 1,700 flights, carrying over 7,700 tonnes of cargo, assisting more than 235,000 passengers, booking over 19,000 hotel stays, and uplifting more than 320,000 meals each day, it is easy to see why many of the world’s airlines choose dnata as their air services provider.
With global catering operations that span 65 locations across 13 countries, dnata partners with 190 airlines to deliver their inflight catering and retail solutions.
Our vision is to be the world’s most admired air services provider. We deliver the promises our customers make.
About the role:
Working alongside a high performing leadership team, the Senior Workforce Planner will be an integral role within our organisation. This Greenfield position will lead the labour planning and forecasting, improving efficiencies within the catering units. This exciting opportunity will be influential in supporting the business to continually improve processes across the portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Rostering the workforce, and working with managers to develop staffing requirements based on airline and production schedules, reducing white space and improve wage costs
- Build, develop and implement long, medium and short-term wage forecasts, analysing data and reports to create strategies on work volume and projected staffing requirements
- Liaise with the labour hire providers supporting the labour hire ordering and the hours invoicing
- Maintain rosters and ensure they are filled effectively according to the Enterprise Agreement
- Build, develop and implement forecasts and capacity management plans, including reporting, analysis and recommendations for business process reengineering.
- Provide advice and support to stakeholders regarding workforce planning opportunities and initiatives
- Utilise your skills to embed an efficient approach to workforce planning and implementing this approach across the company
- Working with company decision-makers, developing strategies for retention, recruitment, training, coaching and knowledge management
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a large organisation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly analytical approach to problem solving and implementing solutions
- A strong project management focus with experience developing high-level strategic plans
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and diplomacy
- Previous experience in managing a team
- The ability to think logically, creatively and a business-focused approach, with exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage your time efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a high volume, high value environment
- Possess a high degree of professionalism
- Sound knowledge of the airline catering industry would be an advantage but not essential
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the Job Advertisement shown here as the first page of your resume. We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.