Library Assistant (Academic Liaison)
Library Services and Information Management
Short info about job
Company: University of Kent
Department: Information Services
Salary: £19,305 to £21,585
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Clerical
Phone: +44-1440 7250946
Fax: +44-1237 2189270
Detail information about job Library Assistant (Academic Liaison). Terms and conditions vacancy
Are you a highly organised, methodical individual who is passionate about customer service and delivering excellence?
As a Library Assistant (Academic Liaison) you will provide support to the Faculty Teams assisting professional library staff in providing a liaison service. The primary aim is to ensure the collection and services meet the needs of a diverse range of users including students, researchers and academics. Library Assistants work on reading list management, the ordering of printed books, e-books and other materials, the delivery of library user education programmes and supporting the general enquiry service in conjunction with Customer Services.
You will have the appropriate level of specialist knowledge in order to support Customer Services and staff working on the IT Library and Support Desk with more technical library enquiries that come to the Support Desk. The Library Assistant will be a member of the appropriate Faculty Team.
As a Library Assistant you will:
- Manage reading lists to purchase the library books and resources the students need and assist with training academic staff and School administrators in the use of the reading list system.
- Deal with collection management activities, such as selection of stock for relegation or destruction to ensure our collections remain current and meet the needs of our students and staff
- Support and participate in user education, induction programmes and library tours and maintain accurate spreadsheets for monitoring and reporting purposes
To succeed in this role you will:
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent with experience of working in a library or information unit
- Experience in the provision of library services and experience of liaising with academics or other senior professionals
- Good knowledge of using a Library Management System and experience of using a library catalogue to provide information to students and staff.
Information Services is comprised of four sections: Customer Support, Library Collections and IT Development together directly support almost all areas of University activity, and the Planning and Administration section supports the work of the department. The IT Support Services subsection of Customer Services is responsible for the support and operation of all live central IT systems on the University’s Canterbury, Medway and Tonbridge campuses. For further details, please visit: www.kent.ac.uk/IS It’s an exciting time to be working at the University of Kent – we are a leading UK university producing world-class research and excellent teaching. Our reputation as a good place to work is reflected in our top ranking in the THE Best University Workplace Survey for two years running. We are a major employer with around 3,000 staff from over 120 countries, including more than 900 academic and research staff, and a full range of commercial services and administration Start date for applications: 04 September 2017 Closing date for applications: 25 September 2017 Interviews are to be held: 09 October 2017
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: OTR1753
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
No agencies, thank you.