Rail Traction and Rolling Stock Instructor
Engineering and Technology,Other Engineering
Short info about job
Company: Prospects College of Advanced Technology
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum, plus London weighting
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1495 3927581
Fax: +44-1288 5312683
Detail information about job Rail Traction and Rolling Stock Instructor. Terms and conditions vacancy
Job Purpose: To provide outstanding design, planning and delivery of Teaching, Learning and Assessment. Providing this to Apprentices on the New Rail Technician Standards and Commercial bespoke up-skilling programmes to the rail industry. The split of the role is likely to be as follows:
- 30% Delivery to Apprentices
- 30% Delivery to Commercial Clients
- 20% Course / Business Development
- 20% Workshop Equipment and Infrastructure Development
- To deliver high quality teaching and learning by providing students and clients with a planned learning experience, managing the learning process, guiding and supporting learners.
- Acting as personal tutor to a group of students and provide pastoral care, support, feedback and targets.
- To evaluate and assess the work of students in relation to the curriculum criteria. Including visiting apprentices and clients in the workplace for workplace competency assessment.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice, materials and strategies used and how performance can be improved.
- Maintain details of attendance, punctuality and absence and ensure these are accurately recorded in up to date registers.
- Ensure student information is correctly established including learning aims, achievement and changes to learner information including withdrawal, transfer and programme completion.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the definitive course files linked to programmes and courses they are leading.
- Working with business development to design, promote and update course file to meet employer needs.
- Support the development of the workshop facilities in conjunction with the needs of employer partners and needs of Apprenticeship Standards.
- Take part in marketing activities and attend events which may involve some evenings or visiting schools, employers and other organisations.
- Understanding and experience of traction and rolling stock maintenance.
- Experience of rail depot policies, procedures and safe working practices.
- Understanding of business improvement techniques - Principles of working with Lean / Six Sigma.
- Specific Rail competence and licenses to practice would be an advantage.
- Experience of teaching, learning and assessment would be an advantage, but not essential.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff):
- Take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
- Appropriately explore, challenge and address equality, diversity and safeguarding matters ensuring they are incorporated into the course or as they arise in any other way.