Professor / Reader in Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place
Health and Medical,Medicine and Dentistry,Social Sciences and Social Care,Sociology,Other Social Sciences,Politics and Government,Historical and Philosophical Studies,History
Short info about job
Company: University of Strathclyde
Department: School of Humanities
Salary: £57,674 to £61,179
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1267 8819793
Fax: +44-1350 3353820
Detail information about job Professor / Reader in Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place. Terms and conditions vacancy
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Salary Range: Reader: £57,674 - £61,179 Professor: Competitive Professorial package commensurate with your profile and experience.
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
Who we areWe are the University of Strathclyde.
Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us among the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses how societies across the globe have understood, described and tried to achieve health and well-being during different periods of history. It addresses how culture, politics, economics, migration and technological change have all influenced both disease patterns and society’s attempts to promote health. By analysing historical experience of and knowledge about health and wellbeing, it seeks to inform today’s debates about how best to fight disease and promote healthy lifestyles.
The opportunityWe seek outstanding Professors / Readers to join us at Strathclyde.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A generous remuneration package;
- Notable additional financial and non-financial benefits;
- Excellent start-up support;
- Initially reduced teaching and management load; and
- Regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
In order to apply, you will be:
- Leading an independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change performance improvements;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, value diversity in our staff and are keen to receive Fellowship applications from members of under-represented groups. We are particularly keen to hear from suitably qualified individuals who will actively engage with and support the University’s ambition to implement best practice on equality and diversity and in particular Athena SWAN. The Athena SWAN Charter inspires the advancement and representation of women in higher education. For more information on other awards and how we implement our commitment to equality and diversity, see our Equality and Diversity webpages.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder’ in Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at: www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/strathclydeglobaltalentprogramme/
In your application, please indicate at which level you wish your application to be considered: Professor, Reader or both.