Post Doctoral Researcher - Investigate Optimal Parameters for the Laser Welding of Polymers
Physical and Environmental Sciences,Materials Science,Physics and Astronomy,Engineering and Technology,Mechanical Engineering,Other Engineering
Short info about job
£33,591.77 to £38,831.83 converted salary* per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1274 5250335
Fax: +44-1354 8059265
Detail information about job Post Doctoral Researcher - Investigate Optimal Parameters for the Laser Welding of Polymers. Terms and conditions vacancy
The postdoctoral researcher will contribute to the Abbott project “Investigate optimal parameters for the laser welding of polymers”.
This project is supported by the European Union's INTERREG VA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB)
- PhD qualification (or near completion) in a cognate area of one of the following, Physics, Engineering, Polymer Science, where semi conductor lasers and/or optics was a major topic.
- Specialist theoretical and practical knowledge in more than one of the following areas:
- Industrial laser applications
- Welding and joining of polymer materials
- Development of integrated automated systems using LabView or related hardware/software
- Process monitoring and control
- Mechanical testing and materials characterization
- Numerical modelling of heat-transfer using software tools such as Matlab, Comsol, ABAQUS, ANSYS
- A comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the wider subject area as well as the candidates own subject specialism.
- Evidence of hands-on problem-solving ability
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and complete tasks within the timescales demanded by industrial partners
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a cross-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including public presentations and ability to communicate complex data/concepts clearly and concisely
- Track record of significant academic outputs including peer review publications, and conference papers.
- Knowledge of specialist software and numerical FEA modeling tools (eg. Matlab, LabView, Comsol, ABAQUS, ANSYS) as appropriate.
- General knowledge of laser process development for polymer welding.
Informal enquires contact Dr. David Tormey, [email protected], +353+71-91-55496
Friday, 22nd September 2017 at 12 NoonShow all jobs for IT (Institute of Technology), Sligo … Tweet